Kinetic Engineering Ltd is about to launch the moped in the electric version soon. Kinetic Engineering Limited (KEL) has started production of chassis and other assemblies for the electric avatar of Luna.
The company says that the production of Luna electric mopeds will be 5,000 per month. KEL Managing Director Ajinkya Firodia said in a statement that we expect this business to grow by more than Rs 30 crore annually in the next 2-3 years as the volume of e-Luna will increase. This will also help KEL to increase its presence in the EV segment. The Luna, at its peak, was selling over 2,000 units per day, which I am sure will do very well in its new avatar.
According to the company, exactly 50 years ago, the Luna was launched for just Rs 2,000, making it one of the most affordable vehicles. Due to the reasonable price, Luna quickly became the most popular moped in the country. There was also a time when the company used to sell 2000 units of moppet daily. At that time, Luna alone held a 95 per cent market share in this category. Now the company has the same expectation from the electric segment as well.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be