Baleno, Swift, and Alto were surpassed by the Maruti Suzuki WagonR to become the greatest popular hatchback in 2022. Following the medical emergency wrecked havoc on the economic growth of the country, the car sector in India began to rebound in 2022. With 2,17,317 sales compared to 1,83,851 in 2021 and a YoY favorable revenue increase of 18%, the Maruti Suzuki WagonR emerged first in the hatchback market rankings.
In India in 2022, the leading three hatchbacks manufactured were also the top-selling commercial vehicles. With 1,85,665 units sold, the Baleno emerged in second place, up 8% year over year from the 1,72,237 vehicles sold during the comparable timeframe last year. Early last year, the high-end compact underwent a significant makeover. With a YoY revenue rise of 1%, the Swift reported 1,76,424 unit sales in 2022 as opposed to 1,75,052 units throughout the corresponding period in 2021. With the implementation of the current version Alto K10 a few months earlier, the endurance of the Alto entry-level hatchback was increased. Compared to 1,66,233 units in 2021, a total of 1,62,548 units were registered.
As a result, profitability was down 2% year over year. The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios was the fifth most popular hatchback in the nation in year with 1,06,222 units sold, up 11% YoY from 95,515 units sold throughout the identical period the year before. The Hyundai i20 came in sixth place in the bottom part of the rankings.
With a YoY growth of 5%, the luxury crossover achieved aggregate nationwide revenues of 75,572 units, up from 72,292 units during the same timeframe in 2021. The Maruti Suzuki Celerio outperformed the Tata Tiago, Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, and Tata Altroz, posting 72,729 units to 32,853 units, a rise of 121 %.
The S-Presso was the ninth fastest popular hatchback with 65,276 sales, and the Altroz earned a maximum of 58,590 modules with a contra of 16%. The tiny hatchback Tiago registered 67,259 modules compared 64,994 modules with a YoY expansion of 3%.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be