In the Indian market, Volvo Cars India has announced a hike in the price of the mild hybrid model currently on sale in the country. The price hike will affect models such as the XC40, XC60, S90 and the XC90 mild hybrid. Sweden’s automaker Volvo has implemented the price hike with immediate effect. This will increase the prices of these models by 2% over the current ex-showroom prices. Volvo attributes the price hike to the announcements made during the Union Budget 2023 earlier this month.
Following the price hike, the ex-showroom price of the XC40 B4 Mild Hybrid has been increased from Rs 43.20 lakh to Rs 46.40 lakh. The XC60 B5 Mild Hybrid will now cost Rs 67.50 Lakh (ex-showroom), the S90 B5 Mild Hybrid will now cost Rs 67.90 Lakh (ex-showroom), while the XC90 B6 Mild Hybrid will now cost Rs 98.50 Lakh (ex-showroom).
The price hike for these models was necessitated after Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman proposed a hike on cars sold in India through the CBU or CKD route in Budget 2023. Jyoti Malhotra, Managing Director, Volvo Car India, said, “The cost of petrol mild-hybrid models has increased due to changes in customs duty announced in the recent budget.
Volvo C40 Electric SUV
Customs duty on vehicles costing less than $40,000 as a completely built-up vehicle (CBU) or with an engine capacity of less than 3,000 cc for petrol-powered cars and 2,500 cc for diesel-powered vehicles increased from 60 per cent to 70 per cent. The automaker will soon start production of the Volvo C40 electric SUV, which is expected to be launched soon.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be