MG Air is the company’s upcoming car, and many buzzes have been created in the market even before its launch. The carmaker will also showcase the MG 4 EV soon. Based on the China-spec Wuling Air EV, the new MG electric car is said to be premium to the Tata Tiago EV. Its prices will likely start from Rs. 10 lakh (ex-showroom).
This model is likely to hit the production line in March 2023. The company aims to manufacture 36,000 units on an annual basis. For power, the new MG electric car will likely use a battery pack between 20kWh – 25kWh. It will generate power close to 40bhp and offer an electric range of around 150 km.
The battery pack will feature LFP cylindrical cells, as seen on the Tata Nexon EV. These cells are lighter and more charge efficient than NMC cells, and there is no maintenance. The Air EV will feature an FWD (front-wheel drive) system. Its length will be around 2.9 meters, and it comes with a 2010 mm long wheelbase.
These features are also present.
The MG Air EV is based on the brand-new Global Small Electric Vehicles (GSEV) platform and features a tall and boxy stance. It gets squarish headlamps, a remote fog lamp assembly and an angular front bumper. The small hood gets a black stripe and a light bar in the middle that goes all the way to the ORVMs on its front. The new MG electric car will ride on 12-inch steel rims with plastic hub caps. It gets a charging port door and small taillamps. For safety, the 2-door MG EV will get dual 10.25-inch displays – one for infotainment and the other for instrumentation. It also has automatic climate control, keyless entry, connected car tech and steering-mounted controls.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be