Under the global partnership of Maruti and Toyota, Maruti will also launch an MPV car in India on Innova Hycross. It has been seen during testing and revealed that it will be introduced by August 2023.
Where will this car fit in Maruti’s lineup?
This premium MPV car will be the flagship model of Maruti’s lineup, positioned above the recently introduced Grand Vitara. While on the one hand, Maruti Ertiga and XL6 are ruling the segment as affordable MPVs, on the other hand, this car based on Innova Hycross coming with Maruti badging will become a premium MPV alternative.
What’s unique about the Innova Hycross?
This latest generation model of Innova MPV provides features like a panoramic sunroof, ventilated front seats, dual-zone climate control, and a 360-degree parking camera. It also gets a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with connected car tech and a digital driver’s display.
Regarding safety, it has features like automatic emergency braking and advanced driving assistance systems like lane assist. Apart from this, features like vehicle stability control, 6 (six) airbags, and front and rear parking sensors have also been provided. The ADAS feature will be used in a Maruti car for the first time.
Will you get anything special in this?
Toyota’s Innova Hycross is a feature-loaded car in which new technology has also been introduced. Apart from the large size, this MPV of Toyota also offers a premium cabin experience. This car comes with a rear-wheel drivetrain and is no longer a body-on-frame model, but it has the power to give a different experience from the current vehicles of Maruti.
This will be Maruti’s next hybrid car.
Just like the Maruti Grand Vitara is based on Toyota’s Highrider, in the same way, this MPV car of Maruti will be based on the Innova Hycross, which has a strong hybrid powertrain. The Innova Hycross car has a new 2-litre strong hybrid petrol engine that generates 186 PS of power and 187 Nm of torque (combined). Its non-hybrid version is powered by the same engine that produces 174 PS and 205 Nm of torque. It has been given an e-CVT gearbox with the hybrid engine, while the option of a CVT gearbox has been kept with the non-hybrid version.
Toyota has claimed a mileage of 21.1 km/l for this hybrid car, which is even higher than the ARAI-certified efficiency of the petrol-engined Maruti Ertiga.
The price of the Toyota Innova Hycross has yet to be revealed, and it is believed that its price can start from Rs 20 lakh. At the same time, the price of its top variant can touch the figure of 30 lakhs. The price of the Maruti version of this MPV can be kept in the same way, which will prove to be the costliest car of Maruti to date. It will compete with Carnival.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be