Toyota is working on many products these days. The company recently introduced the Toyota Innova Hycross in India. This car was introduced in Indonesia under the name Toyota Zenix. Now the company will try its hand in the electric segment as well.
The company introduced the prototype of the All-Electric Innova at the Indonesia International Motor Show (IIMS) some time back.
The Innova Crysta Electric Concept Prototype is a fine example of Toyota’s move to electrification in its existing portfolio of ICE vehicles. Recently this prototype was spotted during testing on the roads. Is Toyota planning to use the old platform to make the Pure EV? The outgoing Innova Crysta is based on the IMV2 ladder-on-frame architecture, designed to accommodate petrol and diesel powertrains.
Incorporating the battery pack and motors into this platform is a significant packaging challenge. Toyota may invest in electrifying its existing ladder-frame old-school vehicles like MPVs, SUVs and pickup trucks. There are segments like pickup trucks where ladder-frame chassis strength and electrification are equally important.
Electrification of pickup trucks too?
Suppose Toyota is ‘testing’ with the Innova Crysta electric concept prototype. In that case, we might see the future electrification or hybridisation of workhorses like SUVs and pickup trucks from the Japanese giant. In North American markets, GM, Ford and even Rivian offer electric vehicles based on ladder-frame chassis.
Even though the Innova Crysta electric concept prototype has been spotted testing on the road, Toyota is unlikely to launch the electric version of the MPV. The Innova Highcross is already out of the bag and features a modern monocoque chassis with an FWD design and a hybrid powertrain as an option.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be