At the Greater Noida 2023 Auto Expo, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) will host the local launch of the GR Corolla. Toyota will display several new cars at the auto show, including the Innova Hycross and the Land Cruiser 300. The Toyota GR Corolla is based on an international hatchback and features numerous inside and exterior improvements.
It will be the first GR (Gazoo Racing) model to be on exhibit in India. It is powered by a 1.6-litre three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that can produce a maximum power output of 304 horsepower and a maximum torque of 370 Nm. A six-speed manual transmission connects the engine to the wheels, distributing power to them all.
It also receives considerable mechanical improvements over the basic Corolla. It has changes that enhance the overall aerodynamics, including a new cooling system, larger exhaust valves, a redesigned intake port, and a triple exhaust unit. Additionally, the transmission has a rev-matching system for slicker, quicker gear changes.
The Toyota GR Corolla’s exterior changes include:
- A more pronounced front grille.
- Bigger air inlets.
- Flared wheel arches.
- A sportier rear diffuser.
- A set of black alloy wheels with red brake callipers on each wheel.
Other notable features include a shark fin antenna with a black finish, GR badging at the front, a sculpted boot lid, boomerang-shaped LED tail lamps, side skirts, svelte headlights, a robust bonnet structure, etc.
The interior receives numerous updates, including GR logo finishes on the seats and aluminium pedals, leather GR steering wheel, etc., similar to the exterior. It is supported by the flexible TNGA platform but has a more stiff body created by Gazoo Racing. It weighs 1,474 kg, making it lighter than the standard Corolla while offering better performance.
The Japanese company will use the exhibit to generate consumer interest for the performance model and other models that will soon be displayed. Alongside it will be PHEV, FCEV, flex-fuel hybrid, pure electric vehicle, hydrogen, and powerful hybrid vehicles.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be