Car safety features have become a more important parameter for people in India, and the Global NCAP ratings are testimony to the same. If you, too, are planning to buy a car recently, then keep the safety features in mind. Keeping this in mind, today we will tell you about eight safe cars in the country with a 5-star Global NCAP rating. So let’s see which cars are included in the list.
Volkswagen Taigun/Skoda Kushaq
The Volkswagen Tiguan and the Skoda Kushaq have received 5-star safety ratings with scores for adult occupant protection (29.64/34) and child occupant protection (42/49) in Global NCAP’s crash tests. The bodyshells of both these SUV cars were found to be very strong. It also gets a host of safety features like dual airbags, ESC, ABS with EBD, traction control, dual front airbags, three-point seatbelts, ISOFIX child seat anchorage, tire pressure monitor system.
In the new GNCAP test parameters, the Tata Punch has scored a 5-star for adult occupant protection, while the car has achieved a 4-star rating for child occupant protection. The car scored 16.45/17 for adult safety and 40.89/49 for child safety.
The XUV 300 scored 16.42 out of 17 for adult occupant protection and 37.44 out of 49 for child occupant protection. This means that this car has a 5-star safety rating in adult protection and a 4-star safety rating in child protection.
The Altroz has scored 16.3/17 with 5 stars in adult occupant protection, while it has scored 29/49 with 3 stars in child occupant protection. It is the only hatchback car to score so well in terms of safety.
Mahindra’s XUV 700 has received a 5-star rating with a score of (16.03/17) for adult occupant protection and a 3-star rating with (41.66/49) for child occupant protection in crash testing by Global NCAP. Its bodyshell and footwell were found to be extremely strong. Also, features like dual frontal airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat anchorage, 7 airbags, ESP, 360-degree camera, lane-keeping assist, tire pressure monitoring system, and ADAS are available in this car.
Nexon has scored a 5-star safety rating in adult safety with a score of 16.06/17 and 25/49 with 3 stars in child occupant protection. It was considered to be the safest car earlier also. It had a 5-star rating in the old standards.
Mahindra Scorpio N
Mahindra’s new SUV Scorpio-N has achieved 5 stars with a score of 29.25/34 for adult occupant protection and 3 stars with a score of 28.93/49 for child occupant protection in the Global NCAP crash test. The car was given a stable rating for bodyshell integrity, which makes it the safest body-on-frame SUV. Additionally, safety features like 6 airbags, electronic stability control, 4 disc brakes, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat anchors, hill hold assist and tire pressure monitoring system are also available.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be