Maruti Suzuki Alto topped the hatchback sales list in October 2022, with the company selling a total of 21,260 units.
Maruti Suzuki Alto’s new generation K10 hatchback has been topping the sales charts for October 2022. The entry-level hatchback sold 21,260 units last month against 17,389 units sold in the same period the previous year, registering a year-on-year growth of 22 per cent.
The Maruti Wagon R, on the other hand, has been consistently registering good sales numbers for the company, with 17,945 units sold last month, a 45 per cent year-on-year growth as against 12,335 units sold in October 2021. At the same time, the company sold 17,231 units of the Swift compact hatchback in October 2021, an increase of 88 per cent, compared to 9,180 units in October 2021.
The Maruti Baleno was the fourth best-selling hatchback in the country last month as it sold 17,149 units as against 15,573 units during the same period twelve months ago, a growth of 10 per cent. The Baleno received a major update earlier this year, which saw exterior updates and a new interior with new tech and features.
The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios stood at the fifth position with sales of 8,855 units against 6,042 units sold during the same period last year, registering a year-on-year growth of 47 per cent. Latest car News The i20 premium hatchback stood at sixth position with sales of 7,814 units.
At the same time, in October 2021, 4,414 units of i20 were sold, an increase of 77 per cent annually. Tata Motors Tiago and Altroz have been included in the top 10. Tata Tiago has witnessed a growth of 78 per cent in its sales and has sold a total of 7,187 units last month, as against 4,040 units in October 2021.
At the same time, Tata Altroz sold 4,770 units last month, a decline of 7 per cent as against 5,128 units in October 2021. Maruti Suzuki Ignis stood at the ninth position with sales of 4,743 units, while Celerio also made it to the top ten.
Top 10 Hatchback October 2022 October 2021
- Maruti Suzuki Alto (22%) 21,260 17,389
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R (45%) 17,945 12,335
- Maruti Suzuki Swift (88%) 17,231 9,180
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno (10%) 17,149 15,573
- Hyundai Grand i10 (47%) 8,855 6,042
- Hyundai i20 (77%) 7,814 4,414
- Tata Tiago (78%) 7,187 4,040
- Tata Altroz (-7%) 4,770 5,128
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis (211%) 1,526 4,743
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio (115%) 4,296 1,999
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be