An entire chamber of hydrogen will allow the second-generation Mirai to go 640 kilometres.
At the present Auto Expo 2023, Toyota has displayed the second-generation Mirai hydrogen fuel-cell electric vehicle (FCEV). However, it has already been introduced to India before. In March 2022, the automaker began a demonstration study to assess the vehicle for India.
Toyota Mirai FCEV
The second-generation Mirai, which is the vehicle on display here, was introduced worldwide in 2020, six years following the first version. The GA-L rear-wheel-drive architecture, upon which the Mirai is designed, has enabled The company to repurpose the fuel-cell stack and powertrain parts. Additionally, it can accept up to three hydrogen cells, which helps it extend its extensive portfolio.
The hydrogen fuel cell arrangement in the Mirai produces 174 horsepower, and it claims to have a 640 km operating endurance.
A catalyst-style filter installed in the intake manifold, according to Toyota, allows the Mirai to purify the air as you operate. An electromotive force on the non-woven primary clarifier, which is used to replenish the fuel cell with air, traps tiny contaminants comprising sulphur dioxide (SO2), nitrous oxides (NOx), and PM 2.5 nanoparticles.
The new Mirai, which has sleek appearance, a low stance, and a rear that resembles a coupe, follows an entirely unique layout than its forerunner.
The inside has also undergone a total revamp, with the 12.3-inch horizontal interface taking the limelight. Three-zone passive cooling, a heated steering wheel, heated and vented upholstery, a head-up projection, and a plethora of ADAS technology are all included in application of the Mirai.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be