The LDV eT6 has a sole electric generator that produces 174 horsepower and 310 Nm and is powered by an 88.55 kWh power supply unit.
Australians refer to pickup trucks as “Utes,” among the most desirable vehicles. Pickup vehicles are prevalent in South-East Asian economies. In Thailand, one such people carrier is the MG Extender, renamed a Maxus T60 Max pickup truck in specific regions. Due to Maxus being a flagship brand in Australia, this is offered as a ute via the LDV brand (Leyland DAF Group).
In Australia, the LDV T60 is offered with a single 2.8L turbocharged diesel engine. This station wagon has since produced an electric variant known as the LDV eT60. It costs AUD 92,990. (approx. Rs. 51.27 lakh on the road). The regular T60 prices approximately AUD 41,042 (roughly Rs. 22.62 lakh on the road) and AUD 47,884 in Australia (approx. Rs. 26.4 lakh on the road).
Is India a potential consumer for a battery-powered sport utility vehicle based on the MG Extender? Is it necessary for MG to export at least its ICE Extender pickup to India? Let us explore.
Australia launches the MG Extender-based electronic pickup truck.
LDV eT60 offers an 88.55 kWh battery pack in exchange for its asking price. It does not compete with American battery-powered pickup trucks from Rivian, Ford, and GM. The eT60 has a mild engine, so this may be par for the norm. Regarding powertrains, the back wheels are powered by a single generator.
The engine has 174 horsepower (130 kW) and a potential output of 310 Nm. The top velocity is limited to 120 km/h. The eT60 appears to be underpowered compared to the Maxus T60 Max, which has a 2.0L dual diesel power unit that produces 215 horsepower and 500 Nm of performance. Furthermore, the eT60 weighs 2,300 kg, whereas the ICE equivalent weighs 2,150 kg.
The eT6 delivers mobility of 330 kilometres on a mono charge (WLTP cycle). AC and DC rapid charging are both compatible. The AC adapter can charge up to 11 kW in 9 hours from a 3-phase connection. CCS2 charging socket supports up to 80 kW of DC rapid charging. Charging time is substantially reduced, with 20% to 80% charging requiring around 45 minutes.
The MG Extender-based electrified pickup truck eT60 is well-equipped for the price. Single-zone air conditioning, automated headlight, intermittent wipers, electronically controlled front seats, microfiber seating, and other luxuries are available. The multimedia system includes a 10.25″ touchscreen with Apple CarPlay, a rearview camera, and four speakers.
Six airbags, ESP, braking aid, hill decline and climb assist, stability control, 17″ alloy wheels, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, and more are included. ADAS technologies are not used. India is not known for being a pickup country. Having stated that, we have a choice between two pickup vehicles. The first is the Isuzu V-Cross, while the second is the Toyota Hilux.
They both have a propensity for charging too much for what they provide. MG will not be delivering its Extender or an electric variant comparable to the LDV eT60 to Indian shores anytime in the foreseeable future.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be