Vehicle manufacturer Tata Motors has released a teaser video of its upcoming electric vehicle range, which will be showcased at the 2023 Auto Expo. The video also shows the silhouette of the Tata Harrier EV and Safari EV, which could be unveiled as concept cars at the mega automotive event.
Both these electric SUVs can be built on Tata’s ‘Born Electric’ platform, which supports multiple body styles with two and three-row seating configurations. These EV concept cars will showcase the flexibility of Tata’s new electric skateboard architecture.
The new Tata Harrier EV and Safari EV concept cars may feature a ‘T’ logo at the rear, which could be the new signature logo of Tata Motor’s EV division – Tata Passenger Electric Mobility (TPEML). The Born Electric platform has been designed keeping the best interior and exterior design in mind. However, the interior of both the concept EVs has yet to be revealed. According to an estimate, they can have a self-assist lounge-like layout with advanced features and connectivity.
Tata will also bring other EVs.
Tata’s dedicated electric architecture may differ in terms of packaging and design of the IC engine platform. As the ICE version Harrier and Safari SUVs are based on the Omega Arc platform, converting them to the electric version is difficult, which is the D8 architecture of Land Rover. According to media reports, the production version of the Tata Harrier EV and Safari EV can be seen on the roads in early 2025. Along with this, Tata Motors is also preparing to bring many of its other cars to the market in EVs.
The Tata Harrier will compete with the Hyundai Kona electric SUV in the electric version. This electric SUV from Hyundai gets a 39.2kWh battery pack connected to an electric motor, which generates 136 PS of power and 395 Nm of torque. It gets an ARAI-certified range of 452 km, and Hyundai says that this EV can accelerate from zero to 100 kmph in just 9.7 seconds.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be