Have you ever thought the electric car could also be charged with a diesel generator instead of plugging the conventional charger into the socket? If you think he’s kidding you, you should check out the video of Sinto Antony, who has performed this feat. Antony has charged his Tata Tigor EV with a diesel generator.
Sinto Antony has shared a YouTube video where he is seen charging his Tata Tigor electric car with a diesel generator. He also shared the charging process, explaining how to charge the EV from the generator. Although it is not a good idea to charge an EV with a generator, it can come in handy in an emergency. However, you will have to carry a bulky generator in the boot.
Sinto travelled a long way before its electric car, which included climbing on the way. After this, he started charging his EV with the generator. He placed the generator on the surface and, first of all, established the earthing. Sinto used a metal rod and buried it in the ground.
After that, a secure connection was established between the generator and the EV, for which the Tigor EV charger was connected to the 3-pin plug on the diesel generator. As seen in the video, the charging process started adequately, and no warnings were displayed on the OBD of the car. However, charging the EV with the generator took a lot of work.
Latest Car News
The video shows that the battery charging processor started when the car’s SOC (state of charge) was at 26%. After one hour of charging, the SOC went up to 36%, which means a mere 10% increase. Sinto says that despite the slow charging speed, it is a convenient solution in emergencies.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be