Tata Motors is making huge investments in the electric segment. The company currently dominates the EV segment with over 80 per cent market share. The domestic UV manufacturer is expected to launch about 3-4 electric vehicles in the country in the next few years.
Tata Punch could be the next model to get an electric drivetrain in the country in 2023. The Tata Punch could be the only model offered in petrol, electric and CNG fuel options.
The Tata Punch EV will be based on a new Sigma architecture, a heavily modified version of the ALFA platform. Tata engineers will remove the transmission tunnel and modify the fuel tank space to create a flat floor for the large battery pack. The new platform to make the Punch EV lighter, more energy efficient and more spacious than the ICE car.
The Punch EV is expected to feature the same battery pack as the Nexon EV Prime and a motor that will send power to the front wheels. The small SUV could be offered multiple battery pack options. It is expected to offer an ARI-certified range of over 300 km.
Tata Punch CNG is likely to share powertrain options with Tiago CNG. A 1.2-litre BS6 engine with a factory-fitted CNG kit will power it. The powertrain produces 73.4PS of power at 6,000rpm and 95Nm of peak torque. It is about 13PS and 18Nm lower than the regular petrol variant. A 5-speed manual gearbox that sends power to the front wheels will be standard.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be