Tata Motors showcased two new turbo petrol engines at the 2023 Auto Expo. The company will use both these engines in its cars like Sierra, Harrier, Safari and Curve. This engine will be given in these cars from the year 2024. At the Auto Expo, Tata Motors showcased the Sierra, Harrier EV and Curve concepts.
At the Auto Expo, Tata Motors showcased a new 1.2L 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine and a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine. Aluminum has been used to make both these engines. Due to this, there is a lot of improvement in their performance and fuel efficiency. Among these, the 1.2L direct injection turbo petrol engine can produce 125bhp at 5,000rpm and 225Nm of torque from 1,700 to 3,500rpm. While the 1.5-litre capacity 4-cylinder direct injection turbo petrol engine can generate power of 170 bhp at 5,000 rpm and maximum torque of 280 Nm at 2000 rpm to 3500 rpm. Both these engines will be mated to manual as well as automatic gearboxes.
The new 1.2L turbo petrol engine will be used for the first time in the Curvv SUV coupe, which is likely to be launched in 2024. The same 1.5L engine will be first used in the Sierra, launched in 2025. It has been claimed in a media report that this new 1.5-litre engine can be used in Harrier and Safari facelifts as well. This engine is expected to be found in Safari and Harrier’s new generation. Also, it can be given along with the Curve SUV coupe.
Mahindra’s XUV 700 gets two engine options, a 2-litre turbo-petrol engine with 200PS and 380Nm outputs and a 2.2-litre diesel engine with 185 PS and 450 Nm outputs. Both these engines come with a choice of 6-speed manual or automatic transmission. Trims like the top-spec AX7 and AX7 L also get an all-wheel-drive system.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be