Tata Motors, the country’s leading vehicle manufacturer and the leader of the electric vehicle segment in India, is preparing to launch some of its petrol-diesel cars in an electric avatar. Tata Motors earlier this year announced its dedicated EV division for electric vehicles – Tata Passenger Electric Mobility Limited (TPEML). This new EV sub-division includes three platforms under which the company will make electric cars for the next 10 years.
Tata Motors’ IC (Internal Combustion) engine architecture range includes the Tata Nexon EV and the new Tiago EV. At the same time, the upcoming Tata Altroz EV and Tata Punch EV will be built on the Sigma platform. The Sigma platform is essentially based on the Alpha architecture. It is believed that it will be better for the electric model.
EV version of Altroz and Punch
With the new architecture, the company has updated the fuel tank area. The transmission tunnel has been removed in this. The car will get a flat floor to accommodate the large battery pack. Tata Altroz EV and Tata Punch EV will be lighter in weight and bigger than the current model, giving more mileage. The company’s Ziptron high-voltage technology will be used in the upcoming electric cars of Tata Motors. At present, official information about its battery capacity, power and range has not been revealed.
Tata Punch EV range
However, according to the report, Tata Punch EV will give a driving range of more than 300 kilometres on a single full charge. Apart from this, some EV-specific design elements will be updated in Tata Altroz EV and Tata Punch EV, including blue highlights and a closed grille.
When will we be launching
The Tata Altroz EV and Tata Punch EV models are expected to be launched in 2023. Tata Altroz EV and Tata Punch EV prices will be higher than their petrol-diesel variants. The Tata Altroz hatchback model lineup is priced between Rs 6.35 lakh to Rs 10.25 lakh. At the same time, the price of Tata Punch ranges from Rs 6 lakh to Rs 9.54 lakh. All these prices are ex-showroom.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be