The country’s automobile manufacturer Tata Motors showcased two upcoming CNG models at the recently held Delhi Auto Expo – Altroz CNG and Punch CNG. Both models are set to launch this year, but their launch date is yet to be revealed. According to a recent media report, the Tata Altroz CNG will hit the showrooms later this year. What’s unique about this model is that the Tata Altroz comes with brand-new twin-cylinder technology, which optimizes cargo space in the boot.
The capacity of each cylinder is 30 litres. The CNG tank has been placed low and flat, maximizing the boot space. Interestingly, the CNG tanks are neatly placed. Due to this, the users can avoid making any major compromise with the boot space for usable cargo capacity.
Altroz CNG is the first car in its segment to have a single advanced ECU (Engine Control Unit) and Direct State CNG. It has fast refilling, an auto switch between fuel and a modular fuel filter. The engine can be switched off during refuelling via a micro switch. The model comes with first-in-segment Leakage Detection Technology that automatically switches to petrol mode in case of gas leakage.
Tata Motors still needs to reveal the engine specifications of the Altroz CNG model. But the model is expected to come with the same 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that also powers the Tiago and Tigor CNG versions. This engine generates 84.82 bhp power and 113 Nm torque as standard. But the CNG version has been detuned to generate 73 bhp power and 95 Nm torque.
No changes have been made to the exterior and interior of the car. Like the regular petrol version, the CNG variant of the hatchback gets a 7-inch Harman infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, leatherette seat upholstery, automatic climate control, height-adjustable driver seat, electric sunroof, projector headlamps, LED DRLs. , R16 dual-tone alloy wheels, shark fin antenna and auto folding ORVMs have been offered.
The automaker will launch the Tata Altroz Racer Edition before launching the CNG version. Talking about the Racer Edition, it gets a more powerful 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine. This engine generates power of 120 PS and a torque of 170 Nm. It gets an FWD system with a 6-speed manual gearbox. Once launched in the Indian market, the sporty variant of the hatchback will rival the Hyundai i20 N-Line.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be