Porsche has unveiled several new models from India’s 718, 911, and Taycan lineups. The 911 line has been updated with a new Carrera T version priced at Rs 1.81 crore, while the 718 range now includes the Cayman and Boxster Style Editions, each costing Rs 1.44 crore and Rs 1.48 crore, respectively. A new GTS variant, which costs Rs 1.95 crore, has been added to the Taycan lineup. All prices are ex-showroom in India. Let’s examine each of them in greater detail.
Porsche 718 Cayman and Boxster Style Editions
The 718 Cayman and Boxster Style Editions’ paint jobs are the main topic of conversation. The Boxster has painted a vibrant Ruby Star Neo colour with contrasting white highlights, while the Cayman has an Arctic Grey finish with black accents. The contrasting colours are painted as beautiful racing stripes on the bonnet, sides, and 20-inch alloy wheels.
A leather package with black leather upholstery and contrasting chalk-coloured stitching is also added to the Style Edition versions. In contrast, the door sill panels have a stainless steel appearance. The inclusion of heated steering and seats, two-zone air conditioning, and parking assistance is also seen in both versions.
A 300 horsepower, 380 Nm, 2.0-litre turbocharged gasoline engine paired with 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission powers both the 718 Cayman and Boxster Style Editions engines.
Porsche 911 Carrera T
The Porsche 911 Carrera T falls precisely in the middle of the base Carrera and the more deluxe Carrera S. It employs the same base Carrera model’s 3.0-litre flat-six turbo-petrol engine, which produces 385 horsepower and 450 Nm. Still, it also has some mechanical modifications from the higher Carrera S model.
The 911 Carrera T receives a mechanical rear differential lock from the Carrera S and can optionally be equipped with rear-wheel steering, a feature only available on Carrera S and higher models. Due to the removal of the back seats, reduced insulation, and lightweight glass, it is also 35 kg lighter than the standard Carrera with an automatic gearbox.
Like the other models in the Carrera lineup, the Carrera T also has an 8-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission that drives the back wheels.
Porsche Taycan GTS
The brand-new Taycan GTS fits nicely between the base Taycan 4S and the more expensive Turbo models. The Taycan GTS receives a larger 93.4kWh battery pack, comparable to the higher Turbo models, compared to the 79.2kWh battery of the Taycan 4S. The Taycan GTS is capable of 0-100kph in 3.7 seconds, a top speed of 250kph, and a claimed 504km (WLTP cycle) between charges. It also produces 590hp of power.
It is distinguishable from Porsche’s other GTS variants by having black exterior trim accents, Race-Tex interior upholstery, and an adaptive air suspension that has been retuned for a more pronounced dynamic character. Latest car News It also has a panoramic sunroof with “Variable Light Control,” which allows the mirror to change from transparent to opaque at the touch of a button, and a rear-wheel steering system, which is an optional feature.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be