Renault’s mid-size SUV Duster dominated Indian roads a few years back. Now that the Renault-Nissan alliance is all set to announce its next phase of investments in India in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, the news is also coming that both brands are preparing to bring the next-generation Duster together.
A new report has claimed that this Alliance may announce an investment of around US$ 500 million (Rs 4,000 crore). With this investment, the alliance partner will introduce a new platform CMF-B in India. This platform will develop a new range of models from both brands, including the next-generation Renault Duster.
How will be the new generation model of the Renault Duster?
Renault has recently discontinued the Duster nameplate from the Indian market. The company was selling the first-generation model of the Duster in India. On the other hand, Renault-Dacia is already selling the second-generation model in Europe and select markets in South America, including Brazil. Upcoming car news According to the report, Renault will skip the second-generation model and introduce the third-generation Duster directly in the Indian market.
The new CMF-B platform will be heavily localized for the Indian market. The forum will also underpin a 3-row Renault SUV, which was showcased as the Bigster concept. This architecture will also help Alliance produce electric vehicles locally, as the CMF-B has an electric derivative named the CMF-B EV.
Nissan will also launch a new SUV based on the CMF-B platform in the country. The next-gen Duster will compete with SUVs like Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, VW Taigun, Skoda Kushaq and MG Astor in the Indian market. The company can also launch the 3-row derivative of the SUV, the Bigster size model, to compete with the Tata Safari (Tata Safari) and the Mahindra XUV700 (Mahindra XUV700).
CMF-B platform-based products will not be introduced in the Indian market before 2024-25, as localization of the new platform will take time. Renault is testing the Arkana coupe crossover in India. This model could be launched in 2023 in our market. The company may introduce the Megane e-tech, the electric version of the Megane hatchback.
On the other hand, Nissan Motor India has already announced that it is studying the X-Trail, Qashqai and Juke SUVs as CBU (Complete Built Unit) imports for the Indian market. Still working, the Nissan X-Trail is expected to be the first to arrive in India.
The Renault-Nissan alliance currently sells the Kiger, Kwid, Triber and Magnite, based on the low-cost CMF-A platform. Nissan is also selling the Kicks SUV based on the M0 platform. This joint venture is pursuing the Skoda-Volkswagen India strategy, which introduced the Kushaq, Taigun, Slavia and Virtus based on the MQB AO IN platform.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be