The Toyota-Suzuki joint venture has already debuted many products in South Africa, India, and other international markets. The Toyota Vitz hatch in South Africa is the most recent version. It is a rebadged version of the current-generation Maruti Celerio, offered for sale in our market. The Vitz in South African markets will replace the Agya hatchback.
The Toyota Vitz and the current-generation Celerio have the same general appearance. The inclusion of Toyota and Vitz insignia is the only discernible modification. Pictures of the interior have yet to be made public. No significant improvements over the Celerio are anticipated for the cabin. But Toyota may change the colour of the upholstery and the Toyota emblem on the steering wheel.
The hatchback is propelled by a 1.0-litre K10C, 3-cylinder dual jet petrol engine with twin VVT and Idle Start-Stop technology. This engine can generate 89Nm of torque and 65.7bhp of power. A 5-speed manual and an AMT are available as options for transmission. One of the most fuel-efficient gasoline vehicles available on the market is the Celerio. It is stated to have a fuel efficiency of 25.23 km with a manual transmission, compared to a verified mileage of 26.68 km for the AMT version.
The Toyota Vitz’s boot will hold 313 litres, much like the Celerio. The vehicle is equipped with features like a 7-inch SmartPlay Studio infotainment system with smartphone navigation, an engine starts/stop button, a multi-functional steering wheel, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs, keyless entry, hill hold assist with AMT, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, and brake assist, among others.
Toyota sells the Rumion MPV in the South African market based on the Ertiga. This model will also be introduced in our market this year if reports are to be believed. Additionally, in 2023 Toyota will introduce its version of the new Maruti Suzuki Fronx in India.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be