Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, VW, and Skoda introduced their various SUVs in the Indian market in response to the rising demand for mid-sized SUVs. The Grand Vitara and Urban Cruiser Hyryder, two mid-sized SUV models from Maruti Suzuki and Toyota, respectively, joined the market. At a Toyota factory, both SUVs are made. Like this, Volkswagen and Skoda introduced the Taigun and Kushaq, their respective SUVs, in our market. The Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos, which directly compete with these SUVs, have the same base and engine choices.
Five new SUVs will be introduced in the mid-sized market during the next few years. To compete with the Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos and other models in the mid-sized SUV sector, Honda, Jeep, Renault-Nissan alliance, and Tata Motors will introduce their respective SUVs.
Honda has formally declared that it will introduce a brand-new SUV in the nation in 2023. The new design, built on the city platform, will be close to 4.3 metres long. The Amaze platform, which has similarities to the fourth-generation City platform, might also be used by the business. The Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos will be competitors of the forthcoming Honda small SUV, code-named PF2. By mid-2023, the updated model is anticipated to be released. A 7-seater variant of the next Honda SUV may also be forthcoming. The 1.5-litre gasoline and 1.5-litre gasoline with powerful hybrid technology are likely to be featured in the SUV.
The Avenger compact SUV from American SUV manufacturer Jeep will soon be available in Europe and other international markets. The new model is also anticipated to debut in our market in 2023 or 2024. The Avenger will be available in both ICE and pure EV versions in the European markets. The India-specific variant will only be available in gasoline. The new Avenger, which sits below the Renegade small SUV, is 4.09 metres long and has a 200mm ground clearance. The SUV offers off-road capability with a 20-degree approach, 20-degree break over, and 32-degree departure angles. A 100-horsepower, 1.2-liter GSE turbocharged petrol engine will power it.
Early in 2022, Tata Motors unveiled the Curvv EV concept. Early in 2024 is when the Curvv SUV Coupe is expected to debut in production form. According to Tata, the Curvv will have various powertrain options, including Pure EV, gasoline, and diesel. The Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Maruti Grand Vitara, Toyota Hyryder, MG Astor, VW Taigun, and Skoda Kushaq are just a few of its competitors. It is built on the X1 platform from Tata, which also powers the Nexon line. The platform was altered to support larger models and various battery packs.
The Curve EV is anticipated to receive a larger 40kWh battery pack with a 400km range. It will compete with the Mahindra XUV400, MG ZS EV, and Hyundai Kona EV. A new 1.5-litre petrol turbocharged engine, which is currently in development, is anticipated for the ICE variant. The 1.5L turbo engine with 110 horsepower that drives the Nexon is most likely to be used in the diesel version.
NEW RENAULT DUSTER
The third-generation Renault Duster SUV is currently being developed and is expected to debut in 2024. The new model, which will compete with the Creta, Taigun, Seltos, Grand Vitara, and other models, will also be sold in our market. The new CMF-B platform, which will be substantially localised for the Indian market, will serve as its foundation. The Bigster concept SUV, a new 3-row SUV, will also be debuted using this platform. The AWD configuration will still be available for the new model. It is anticipated to be available with a gasoline engine and hybrid technology.
Nissan will create a brand-new mid-sized SUV to replace the Kicks SUV on the new CMF-B modular platform. The Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, MG Astor, VW Taigun, Skoda Kushaq, Toyota Hyryder, and Maruti Grand Vitara would-be competitors of the new model. It will also have a 3-row variant that will compete with the MG Hector Plus, Mahindra XUV700, Tata Safari, Hyundai Alcazar, and Tata Safari. A 4WD layout increased ground clearance, and respectable approach and departure angles are anticipated to be included in the new model.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be