Over the next few years, Honda Cars India wants to increase the number of SUVs it offers. The automaker has already made known that it intends to compete with the domination of the Hyundai Creta and Maruti Suzuki Brezza, respectively, by launching a mid-size SUV and a sub-4 metre SUV. The Amaze platform will be used to design both variants. A recent media source states that the PF2 codenamed Honda mid-size SUV would begin to appear in stores in April 2023.
The new Honda SUV, which measures about 4.2 metres in length, is anticipated to come with two engine choices: a 1.5L normally aspirated petrol engine and a 1.5L petrol hybrid engine. An Atkinson Cycle 1.5L gasoline engine is mated to two electric motors in the hybrid arrangement, which will be taken from the City e: HEV sedan. It promises a fuel efficiency of 16.5 km and a range of 1,000 km. The outputs of power and torque are 126bhp and 253Nm, respectively.
The upcoming months are likely to see the release of further information on the forthcoming Honda SUV. Both a manual and an eCVT automatic transmission are anticipated to be available. The business will stop manufacturing its 1.5L i-DTEC diesel motor in India in February 2023; therefore, diesel engines will only be available on time. To upgrade its diesel engines and comply with the upcoming new RDE (Real Driving Emissions) requirements, the automaker must invest significantly.
The new Honda SUV will have five seats and a fully furnished interior with adequate space. The vehicle will probably come equipped with cutting-edge technology, including a digital instrument panel, a new-generation touchscreen infotainment system with wireless smartphone compatibility, and more.
The base model of Honda’s mid-size SUV is expected to cost roughly Rs 16 lakh, while the top-end model is expected to cost Rs 18 lakh (ex-showroom). The Hyundai Creta, Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara, Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder, and Kia Seltos are the models this vehicle will directly compete against in its segment.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be