In the upcoming years, virtually all of Mercedes Benz’s lineup will switch entirely to electrified drivetrains, eliminating the necessity for a distinct EQ line-up.
According to a source, Mercedes-Benz will no longer name its next-generation electric vehicles with the “EQ” moniker when released in late 2024. According to business sources quoted in the German trade weekly Handelsblatt, the branding will be obsolete as Mercedes’ assortment grows more and more electric-heavy. By 2025, the firm promised to produce an electrified version of each model.
Seven Mercedes-Benz pure-EV vehicles are available worldwide: the EQE, EQE SUV, EQS, EQS SUV, EQC, EQA, and EQB. Mercedes-Benz offers the EQB SUV, EQC, and EQS sedan for sale in India. The manufacturer will add an electrified equivalent of the tough G-Class 4×4 and a long-range small sedan based on the EQXX concept to its worldwide line-up over the course of the subsequent two years, bringing its EV range to a level that is approximately equivalent to that of its long-standing conventional vehicle selection.
The term “EQ” is now used to refer to both mild-hybrid and plug-in hybridization vehicles. For the former, it stands for electric motor assistance for the internal combustion engine, while for the aforementioned, it stands for a straightforward electrified locomotive drive.
Mercedes is anticipated to phase out combustion engines in most of its territories by 2030. The notably introduced C-Class is anticipated to remain on the market until 2028, an innovative ignition E-Class is scheduled to make its global debut later this year, and the GLC and GLE, the pair’s corresponding SUV siblings, will both make an ignition comeback for another transition.
According to Mercedes-Benz, it is still crucial to support their diplomatic superstructure of “Lead in Electric” with the brand “Mercedes-EQ.” “With the EQ versions, we confront consumers who feel notably articulated by expanding the definition and imaginative resilience in the profession of e,” the company said.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be