Mercedes-Benz has expanded its 7-seater SUV line-up in the Indian market by launching two new models – the GLB and the all-electric EQB. The Mercedes GLB SUV is available in three variants, with an initial ex-showroom price of Rs 63.80 lakh. At the same time, the electric car comes in only one EQB 300 4Matic trim, whose ex-showroom price has been fixed at Rs 74.50 lakh.
The GLB is a 7-seater SUV that offers two additional individual seats in the third row. It is often referred to as the “mini GLS”. This car is available in three variants with two engine options.
The GLB 220d variant is powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that generates 188 bhp at 3,800 rpm and 400 Nm at 1,600-2,600 rpm. The GLB 200 is powered by a 1.3-litre petrol engine that produces 161 bhp at 5,500 rpm and 250 Nm at 1,620-4,000 rpm.
The petrol engine offers a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, while the diesel gets an 8-speed dual-clutch unit and optional all-wheel drive.
EQB 300 4Matic
The EQB car is the full-electric version of the GLB. A similar body shell has been used in it. But the EQ range from the brand features a unique front look inspired by the EVs.
The EQB 300 4Matic uses a dual-motor setup with 225 BHP and 390 Nm peak outputs. Mercedes claims that this SUV can accelerate from 0 to 100 mph in 8 seconds, and its top speed is 160 kmph.
The EQB gets a 66.5 kWh battery pack with a maximum range of 388 to 423 km (WLTP cycle) on a single charge. The car comes with an 11 kW AC charger. But using a 100 kW DC fast-charger, the battery can be recharged from 10 to 80 per cent in 32 minutes.
How much is the price
Ex-showroom prices of Mercedes-Benz GLB and EQB:
- GLB 200 – Rs 63.80 lakh
- GLB 220d – Rs 66.80 lakh
- GLB 220d 4Matic – Rs 69.80 lakh
- EQB 300 4Matic – Rs 74.50 lakh
Both SUVs are 7-seaters with foldable third-row and second-row seats. The third row of seats is quite helpful for kids and pets. The GLB SUV comes with an engine transmission warranty of 8 years. At the same time, the EQB electric SUV comes with 8 years of battery warranty. Currently, both cars are imported into India through the CBU route.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be