The 2023 Delhi Auto Expo will see the world premiere of Maruti Suzuki’s first all-electric SUV concept (codenamed YY8). Sometime in January or February 2025, the production model of the EV will go on sale. Toyota will sell its rebadged version of the new Maruti electric SUV in the Indian market and co-develop it with Maruti. The automakers will sell it in both the domestic and international markets. The new electric SUV will be produced in Gujarat at a Maruti Suzuki factory.
Two battery pack options of 48 kWh and 59 kWh can be found in the Maruti YY8 electric SUV. In full charge, these battery packs can offer a range of 400 km and 500 km. Power outputs are expected to range from 138 hp to 170 hp. Both two-wheel drive and all-wheel drive options will be available in this.
The Maruti YY8 electric SUV will have a longer wheelbase of around 2,700 mm, resulting in a more extensive interior and enough space to house the battery pack. It will be more than 4.2 meters long. For comparison, let us tell you that the length of the Creta is 4.3 meters. The Maruti YY8 electric SUV is expected to be between Rs 13 lakh to Rs 15 lakh.
Tata Motors is currently the number one electric car company. Tata has acquired about 84% stake in less than 4 years. At the Auto Expo 2023, apart from its first electric car, Maruti may also introduce the production version of the 5-door Jimny.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be