Maruti Suzuki and Toyota are collaborating on a new electric SUV for the Indian market, which will go on sale sometime in 2025, as we previously reported. The Maruti Suzuki all-electric SUV concept, according to a recent media story, would make its international premiere at the 2023 Auto Expo. At the biennial event, MSIL will display the 5-door Jimny lifestyle SUV and the Baleno Cross in addition to the Electric SUV concept.
The EV Concept will preview the first entirely electric model from Suzuki, internally known as YY8. The introduction of the electric SUV’s production model is planned for January or February 2025. Suzuki and Toyota jointly created an EV SUV, with Toyota eventually producing its version of this design. The YY8 will be a global product that launches in India. According to the study, 50 percent of the manufacturing will be for export. It will be manufactured in Suzuki’s Gujarat-based facility and function as a production hub for overseas markets.
The Maruti YY8 concept will likely sport a bold, futuristic design aesthetic distinct from the company’s current ICE range. The new vehicle will be longer than the MG ZS EV by approximately 4.2 meters and feature a 2,700mm wheelbase.
Toyota’s 27PL platform, a cost-effective variant of Toyota’s 40PL global platform, will serve as the foundation for the design (layout) and development of the new electric SUV. The vehicle will have a lengthy wheelbase, allowing the manufacturer to fit a bigger battery pack and a roomier cabin. The new model will have small overhangs and wheels positioned close to the edge to maximize space.
There will likely be two battery pack options for the Maruti YY8 SUV: a 48kWh and a 59kWh. Under typical test settings, the former is anticipated to provide about 400 km of range, and the latter is expected to provide about 500 km on a single charge. The business will buy LFP blade cell batteries from BYD, a Chinese battery supplier. A two-wheel-drive and an all-wheel-drive configuration will be available, though it is still being determined whether the latter will be available in our market. The SUV is anticipated to have a power range of 138 to 170 horsepower.
The Mahindra XUV400, the Hyundai Kona EV, the Tata Nexon EV, and the MG ZS EV will be competitors for the Maruti YY8 concept-based electric SUV. We estimate the price of the electric SUV to be between Rs 18 and Rs 22 lakh, contrary to the report’s assertion that MSIL is aiming for a pricing of Rs 13 to Rs 15 lakh.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be