Japanese carmaker Suzuki plans to introduce six new electric vehicles in our market by the end of FY2030. The company has also unveiled a teaser, which confirms that electric vehicles designed after Jimny & Fronx will be introduced in our market. The teaser also indicates that the Maruti WagonR electric variant is still developing.
Since 2018, Maruti Suzuki has been testing an all-electric Wagon R hatchback on Indian roads. According to reports, MSIL has abandoned its intentions to introduce the WagonR EV. The electric tall-boy hatchback, which will compete with the Tata Tiago EV, is finally ready for release by the business. The Tiago EV has a starting price of Rs. 8.49 lakh (ex-showroom). Within a few days, it had more than 10,000 reservations.
Toyota and Maruti Suzuki are establishing a local battery production facility to reduce expenses. With an estimated price of less than Rs 10 lakh, the WagonR EV would be a direct competitor of the Tata Tiago EV. The teaser reveals that the Wagon R EV’s appearance is virtually identical to the Japanese-spec version. Like the Tiago EV, it is anticipated to have a single-charge range of about 300 kilometres (claimed 315km range).
Maruti Suzuki has officially announced that it will introduce its first electric vehicle in our market in 2024 or 2025. It will be built on Toyota’s 27PL platform, a cost-effective variant of the 40PL platform used worldwide. The new electric vehicle will be a scaled-up version of the electric Maruti Suzuki eVX concept, unveiled at the 2023 Auto Expo.
Additionally, Suzuki is working on an electric version of the Jimny lifestyle SUV, which is anticipated to have two motors: one for the front axle and the other for the back axle. The Wagon R EV and the Suzuki Fronx-based electric crossover could be developed using the improved HEARTECT platform, which MSIL is also likely to change significantly.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be