Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has tested a new compact crossover for the domestic market and has been spotted several times in recent months. Internally codenamed YTB, the test mule has again been caught on camera in what appears to be its production body, as the YTB has undoubtedly evolved.
The latest spy photo of the Maruti Suzuki YTB shows the rear with wraparound taillights, an integrated spoiler, license plate holders on the one-piece tailgate, a shark fin antenna, and a prominent bumper. You can also spot the sloping windshield, a sloping roofline that gives a coupe-like silhouette, and alloy wheels similar to the Baleno.
The five-seat YTB is likely based on the lightweight Heartect platform and sits above the Baleno premium hatchback. In terms of performance, the turbocharged 1.0-liter three-cylinder Boosterjet petrol engine found earlier in the Baleno RS could be used and develop around 100 horsepower.
The interiors are likely to share a lot of similarities with the latest Baleno, which received a major update earlier this year. The equipment list of the YTB will include a nine-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, automatic climate control, cruise control, steering wheel with mounted controls, etc.
It could also be equipped with a 360-degree camera system, a head-up display, multiple airbags, and adjustable headrests. The Maruti Suzuki YTB is expected to make its global debut at the 2023 Auto Expo in January in Greater Noida. It will go on sale in the months following its launch and could be sold exclusively through the NEXA chain of premium dealers.
The front of the YTB will take a lot of inspiration from the recently launched mid-size Grand Vitara SUV. It is yet to be determined whether the compact crossover will be available with the 1.2-liter petrol or the 1.5-liter petrol engine for a more extended range. Five-speed manual and automatic transmissions may be offered.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be