India’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki showcased the Jimny off-road SUV and a new sub-compact SUV, the Fronx, at the Auto Expo 2023. The company started pre-bookings for both SUVs on January 12. Within a week, these sport utility vehicles from Maruti have bookings of more than 11,000 units.
Maruti Suzuki accepts bookings for the Jimny 5-door and fronts on its official Nexa website and at its Nexa dealerships across the country. Customers can make bookings for each vehicle by paying a token amount of Rs 11,000. As per the latest information, Maruti Jimny and Franks have received 9,000 and 2,500 confirmed bookings within a week.
The Maruti Jimny gets a 1.5-litre petrol engine that develops 103 bhp power and 134 Nm of peak torque. Transmission options include 5-speed MT and 4-speed AT, along with the AllGrip Pro 4X4 system for better off-road capabilities.
The Franks gets a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that generates 98.6 Bhp power and 147.6 Nm torque. There is a choice of 5-speed MT and 6-speed automatic transmission on the front. It also gets a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that generates power of 88.5 bhp and a torque of 113 Nm. 5-speed MT and 5-speed AMT gearbox options have been given with this engine.
The Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door and front fascia prices are expected to be revealed in May this year. When launched, the Froxin will be Maruti’s most affordable sub-compact SUV, while the Jimny will be priced between the Brezza and the Grand Vitara.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be