Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) launched the second generation Celerio late last year, and since then, the country’s largest carmaker has introduced several new models.
The company launched the updated Baleno in early February 2022, followed by the Ertiga and XL6, the new-generation Brezza compact SUV, the all-new Alto K10, and the recently launched Grand Vitara flagship midsize SUV. The SUV range will expand further during the next calendar year as two biggies are waiting in the pipeline.
The Indo-Japanese manufacturer has already been spotted testing both cars on public roads. The five-door Jimny off-road lifestyle SUV and the Baleno Cross have eagerly awaited launches in India. Internally codenamed YTB, the Baleno Cross is based on the existing Baleno premium hatchback, as both are developed on the same Heartect architecture.
However, the design of the Baleno Cross will be mainly inspired by the Grand Vitara and will have a distinctive design courtesy of the coupe-like roofline. It will sit in a sub-four-meter space and will most likely be sold through Nexa, a premium dealership across India.
Powering the Maruti Suzuki Baleno Cross or YTB will be the same 1.0-liter three-cylinder Boosterjet petrol engine that was earlier used in the Baleno RS. Going by the figures of the Baleno RS, it could produce around 100 PS of max power and 150 Nm of peak torque, but official technical details have yet to be shared.
There will be manual and automatic options in the transmission. The interiors will also share a lot with the Baleno and will likely get a 9-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system, head-up display, 360-degree camera system, automatic climate control, cruise control, etc.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be