The country’s largest automaker, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, is enjoying the massive success of its two new SUVs launched in the country – the subcompact SUV Brezza and the compact SUV Grand Vitara. The company is so overwhelmed with the response from the buyers in India that MSIL currently has an open order book of 73,000 units of Brezza and over 56,000 pending orders of Grand Vitara.
The waiting period on the Brezza is anywhere between three to four months. However, the waiting period in Delhi has also been mentioned as 6 months. Similarly, the waiting period for Grand Vitara is around two to four months in most cities. Also, it has been reported that MSIL currently has a total of 3.38 lakh open orders for its entire lineup of cars in the country.
The company recently released its November sales figures, and according to MSIL, total sales for the month grew by 14.4% year-on-year to 1.59 lakh units as against 1.39 lakh units in the same month last year. In November 2022, the manufacturer’s total domestic sales are expected to increase by 18.8% to 1.39 lakh units from 1.17 lakh units in November 2021.
Maruti Suzuki further informed that sales of compact segment vehicles such as Celerio, Baleno, Dzire, Ignis, Swift, Tour S, and WagonR increased to 72,844 units from 57,019 units. In contrast, sales of mini-segment vehicles such as Alto and S-Presso increased in 2019. It increased to 72,844 units—17,473 units in November 2021 and 18,251 units in November 2022. Maruti Suzuki, announcing its sales tally for last month, also said that the shortage of electronic components had little impact on the production of cars, especially the local models. The company also said in the regulatory filing that it had taken “all possible measures to minimize the impact.”
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be