Suzuki Motor Corporation has unveiled its global product plan, which comprises ICE (internal combustion engine), BEV (battery electric vehicle), HEV (hybrid electric vehicle), and HEV vehicles, as well as ethanol, CNG, and biogas-powered models. By FY30, all of these vehicles will be available. Concerning the Indian market, Maruti Suzuki has 6 new battery EVs co-developed as part of the planned Toyota-Suzuki alliance. The first Maruti electric vehicle will be available by 2025, while the next five variants will follow by 2030.
Maruti Suzuki’s first electric vehicle will be based on the EVX concept, which recently had its public appearance at the Auto Expo 2023. It will compete against the still-under-development Hyundai Creta EV in its product-ready form. The vehicle’s range will be 550 kilometres on a single charge and will be powered by a 60kWh battery pack featuring LFP blade cells.
According to the official document, Suzuki vehicles with ICE engines would account for 60% of the domestic market by FY2030. Hybrid electric vehicles will make up 25% of the market, while battery electric vehicles will account for 15%. To reach a turnover of Rs. 4.39 lakh crore and a carbon-neutral portfolio, the corporation would invest 4.5 trillion yen (about Rs. 2.82 lakh crore).
The Japanese automaker will adhere to the “Sho-Sho-Kei-Tan-Bi (Smaller, Fewer, Lighter, Short and Beauty)” manufacturing philosophy as part of its growth strategy for FY30. And will emphasize creating services and expanding with operational nations and regions. Suzuki has established a goal to be carbon-neutral in Japan and Europe by 2050 and in India by 2070.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be