Mahindra & Mahindra, an Indian automaker famous for introducing some of the country’s most iconic vehicles, is currently on a launch binge and has updated its product lineup with several market-leading models, including the Mahindra Scorpio-N for 2022 and the Mahindra Thar, among others. The Mahindra XUV400, an Indian-made SUV with the highest electric battery range and the company’s first-ever electric SUV, has joined the list. Mahindra stated the debut date to be January 2023, but the SUV was only recently unveiled, and we tested it at Mahindra SUV Proving Track in Chennai.
Mahindra XUV400: Range
The Mahindra XUV400 is an electric car, and while the range is typically a significant deciding factor for EVs, this is different with the XUV400. The Mahindra XUV400 offers the best in the sector range of 456 km on a single charge, according to the MIDC cycle for those searching for a small electric SUV with respectable mileage.
It comes with a 39.4 kWh battery pack that can be charged up to 80% faster than an hour. With the SUV, Mahindra may provide a wall-mounted AC charger that can fully charge the battery in 6-7 hours.
Mahindra XUV400: Performance
The XUV400, which can accelerate from 0 to 100 kilometres per hour in just 8.3 seconds, is the quickest electric SUV manufactured in India, as I indicated at the beginning of the movie. A powerful torque output of more than 300 NM becomes available when you press the accelerator, contributing to this performance. Hats go to Mahindra for giving the SUV tank-like stability so that we could reach three-digit speeds without effort.
Besides the performance, Mahindra did a fantastic job fine-tuning the suspension and the steering, making them harmonious and smooth. The gearbox is set to perfection, just like the exquisitely made gear lever. An “L” mode for city driving is also available on the automatic transmission. In this mode, you can stop the car by removing your foot from the accelerator without using the brake.
Mahindra XUV400: Design
The Mahindra XUV400 borrows its exterior styling from the Mahindra XUV300, the company’s tiny SUV based on the Ssangyong Tivoli but redesigned to be under 4 metres in length for tax purposes. The Ssangyong Tivoli, displayed as the Mahindra eXUV300 at the 2020 Auto Expo, has the exact dimensions of the electric vehicle.
This time, the manufacturer has added a new “Twin Peaks” emblem along with several other bronze-painted features to identify the XUV400 from the XUV300. The Mahindra XUV400 is the largest vehicle in its class by width and length, measuring 4.2 metres. That gives it a grounded, imposing profile.
Mahindra XUV400: Price
Mahindra is positioning the XUV400 as a C-segment electric SUV, which puts it up against the MG ZS EV and Hyundai Kona. However, based on Mahindra’s past performance, we anticipate that the Mahindra XUV400 will cost about the same as the Tata Nexon EV MAX.
Mahindra XUV400: Cabin
The Mahindra XUV400 has chosen a retro approach to cabin design and amenities, skipping out on several modern technologies in favour of a small infotainment screen and several buttons scattered throughout the cabin. You receive features like a sunroof, a computerised instrument panel, and cruise control. Latest car news Although the launch is still some time away, many quality and finish issues still need to be resolved. We are hopeful that Mahindra will address these minor problems before the debut.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be