There is good news for Mahindra Thar lovers; those who want to buy Thar SUV but whose budget is a bit low can wait a bit. Mahindra & Mahindra may launch the 2WD version of Thar in India this month. The affordable version of the popular off-road SUV will be cheaper than the current 4WD variant.
Through this affordable Thar, Mahindra is trying to target those buyers who want to buy Thar for its looks and road presence, and their budget is low. This version offers the Mahindra Thar a stylish lifestyle SUV without the off-road capabilities it is known for.
The Thar 2WD SUV will weigh less than the Thar 4WD as it gets a smaller engine and misses out on the all-wheel drive system. The SUV will come with 2.0-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel. The same engines are offered in other trims of the SUV. The same 6-speed manual and automatic gearbox will be available for transmission.
In the new version of Thar, nothing new will be seen compared to the current model. However, Mahindra will not use any 4X4 badging on the outside to differentiate between the two variants. The interiors, too, remain the same, barring the addition of an additional transmission unit for off-roading. However, Mahindra will add an auto start/stop button and a lock/unlock button inside the Thar 2WD in the central console.
Talking about the engine of the new Thar, a 1.5-litre diesel engine can be seen in it like the XU300. This engine can produce 116 bhp power at 3,500 rpm and a peak torque output of 300 Nm at 1,750 to 2,500 rpm. The power output will be around 15 Bhp, less powerful than the Thar 4WD variant. However, the torque output will remain the same.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be