Mahindra is all set to introduce the rear-wheel drive version of its popular SUV Thar. It’s estimated starting ex-showroom price is Rs 11 lakh. Currently, Thar prices start at Rs 13.59 lakh for the diesel manual variant with part-time 4WD with high and low reduction gears. Thar 2WD will also get some new colour options.
Only some units of this more affordable version of Mahindra Thar have already reached the dealerships ahead of its launch. It has been spotted with a shiny new bronze shade which looks similar to the one seen on the XUV300 TGDI.
Mahindra Thar is offered in 6 body paint shades, including Blue, Grey, Beige, Copper, Red and Black. All these colours will also be available in Tha 2WD version, with the new Bronze colour exclusive. It is also possible that the Thar will also get a white body paint option.
The upcoming SUV was recently spotted. That is, stickers were not used to hide their look and design. Due to this, all its details were revealed before the official launch of the SUV.
The Thar 2WD lacks a 4-wheel drive system, so it is rear-wheel drive only. The 1.5-litre diesel engine used for the Thar is the same unit that powers the XU300. But now AdBlue fluid has also been used in it. This engine produces 116 bhp at 3,500 rpm and a peak torque output of 300 Nm at 1,750-2,500 rpm. The power output has been reduced by around 15 bhp, but the torque output remains the same for both engines.
The Mahindra 2WD Thar will not be available with a low-range gearbox but will get a Mechanical Locking Differential (MLD) as an option. It is expected to be available in both hardtop and soft top variants. It is important to note that the Thar 2WD will weigh less than the Thar 4WD. This is because of its smaller engine, and it does not get a 4WD system.
The changes in the new Thar 2WD version can be seen in a recent video. This version will miss the 4X4 badging. Apart from this, the new entry-level Thar model will be similar to the 4X4 version in terms of looks and features. Mahindra has also included an auto start/stop function and a lock/unlock button in the centre console inside the Thar 2WD.
Mahindra Thar 2WD is expected to be priced around Rs 11-14 lakh (ex-showroom). It will rival the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny, which is expected to be offered in a five-door avatar with 2WD and 4WD options.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be