A few months after it was seen in India, additional images of the Mahindra Roxor off-road vehicle have surfaced, indicating that a local launch may be considered. The Mahindra Roxor, which Mahindra Automotive North America (MANA) developed mainly for the US market, has had a bumpy road thus far because FCA sued it over its design.
The vertical grille slats on Mahindra’s 2019 model had to be replaced in favor of a new design after the company was found to have copied Jeep’s design. Later, before the updated model with a new design was introduced, the United States International Trade Commission stopped Roxor sales in the US.
The facelifted Mahindra Roxor with cosmetic updates was released last year. The sixth US Circuit Court of Appeals stated recently that a previous court erred in reasoning for not prohibiting the retail sale of the revised Roxor beyond 2020 since it continues to have a square body and rounded bonnet while being devoid of doors. It also resembles the previous CJ in that it has a small wheelbase.
While the legal dispute with FCA continues in the US, Mahindra is working on another off-road-oriented SUV for India. The five-door Thar has been seen testing numerous times ahead of what may be its late 2019 debut. Returning to the Roxor, it shares a platform with the first-generation Thar and is powered by a 2.5-liter m2DiCR turbo diesel engine from the 1970s.
The engine’s highest power output is 61 bhp at 3,200 rpm, and its maximum torque is 195 Nm between 1,400 to 2,200 rpm. It is connected to a five-speed manual transmission that, by default, uses a two-speed transfer case to distribute power to all four wheels.
The Roxor’s top speed in the US is 88 kilometers per hour. The base model has an open cab, and the All-Weather model has an enclosed cabin.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be