The country’s leading SUV vehicle manufacturer, Mahindra and Mahindra has increased the prices of its recently launched SUV Scorpio-N. Mahindra has hiked the prices of the Scorpio-N SUV by up to Rs 1 lakh depending on the variant, within six months of its launch. Mahindra has also joined the list of major carmakers to hike prices this month due to rising input costs and other factors. The Mahindra Scorpio-N SUV, the new generation version of the older Scorpio, was launched on June 27 last year at a starting price of Rs 11.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
The prices of almost all variants of the Mahindra Scorpio-N model have increased, starting from Rs 15,000 and going up to over Rs 1 lakh. The biggest hike has been made on the Z8 4WD variant with a 7-seater and manual transmission. This variant, which came for Rs 19.94 lakh (ex-showroom), will now cost Rs 1.01 lakh more and will be priced at Rs 20.95 lakh (ex-showroom). The top-end variant Z8 L 4WD with 7-seater and automatic transmission has received the lowest price hike and is ex-showroom. The price will be Rs 24.05 lakh.
The base variant of the Scorpio-N has seen the highest hike in both petrol and diesel. The hike in these variants ranges from Rs 65,000 to Rs 75,000. The top-end variant has seen a lesser hike.
The Mahindra Scorpio-N SUV has been built on an entirely new architecture. The Mahindra Scorpio-N has five trim options with diesel and petrol powertrains. All variants of this SUV get the option of two-wheel drive and all-wheel drive. The SUV set a record by garnering over one lakh bookings in less than 30 minutes from the opening of bookings on July 30 2022.
The new Mahindra Scorpio-N is powered by the Mstallion petrol engine that generates 200 PS of power and 380 Nm of torque. The second option is the mHawk diesel engine which generates 175 PS of power and 400 Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual gearbox and a 6-speed torque-converter AT with Mahindra’s 4 XPLOR 4WD system.
It is the first SUV in its segment to get shift-by-cable technology. Along with this, this SUV is also the lowest CO2-emitting vehicle in its segment.
The Mahindra Scorpio-N gets multiple drive modes – Tarmac, Snow, Mud and Desert, 4Xplore Terrain Management System, and petrol and diesel engine options. The SUV is built on a third-generation body on the frame platform, which gives it considerable strength, off-roading capability, and high-speed stability.
Mahindra has sourced AdrenoX technology from Bosch, giving over 60 connected features with access on smartphones and smart-watch through the AdrenoX connectivity application. For the entertainment of the passengers, the new Scorpio N gets a 12-speaker system from Sony with 3D sound staging.
It also has a large 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system powered by AdrenoX, which we have already seen on the new XUV700. It also supports Alexa connectivity along with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support.
It gets a semi-digital instrument console, dual-zone climate control, air vents for all 3-rows, wireless charger, cruise control and many more. The SUV will miss out on ADAS features, which are offered on the XUV700. It will also get front-facing third-row seats instead of the side-facing bench seats in the current model.
The new Mahindra Scorpio N will be equipped with several safety features. Its feature list includes ABS with EBD, multiple airbags, a 360-degree camera, traction control, a tire pressure monitoring system, hill descent control and more.
The Mahindra Scorpio-N has achieved a 5-star rating in the new round of Global NCAP crash tests. In which new security testing protocols have been implemented. Global NCAP has stated that the Mahindra Scorpio-N has scored 29.25 out of 34 overall in the adult occupant protection test, earning it a 5-star rating. In the child occupant protection segment, the SUV has scored 28.93 out of 49, earning it a 3-star rating.
The Mahindra Scorpio-N SUV competes in the Indian market with Tata Safari, Tata Harrier, Hyundai Alcazar, Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and MG Hector Twins.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be