According to media reports, the country’s leading automaker Mahindra has discontinued the Alturas G4 SUV. The company has also removed this SUV from its official website, and its booking has also been stopped. The Alturas G4 was the flagship model of Mahindra.
As of now, an official statement has yet to be issued regarding why the Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV has been discontinued from India. However, there is speculation that the sale of this SUV in the Indian market was low, due to which it has been decided to discontinue it. According to reports, many dealerships have stopped taking bookings for the SUV. Latest car News At the same time, some dealerships will sell only the remaining stock.
The Mahindra Alturas G4 used to get a BS-6 2.2-litre turbo diesel engine. This engine generates a power of 181 bhp and a peak torque of 420 Nm. This engine comes mated to a 7-speed automatic gearbox, sourced from Mercedes-Benz, and gets the RWD drivetrain.
Mahindra launched the top-spec 2WD High variant of the Alturas G4 SUV in September this year. In terms of features, the only 2WD High variant of the SUV got rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlamps, electronic adjustment for the driver seat with memory function and a powered tailgate as standard.
It gets an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, ventilated seats, HID headlamps with LED daytime running lights, 9 airbags, 18-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, ABS with EBD, and front and back parking. Features like sensors, a 360-degree parking camera, ESP, hill start assist, and descent control were available.
How much was the cost
Before being discontinued in the Indian market, the new 2022 Mahindra Alturas G4 2WD High variant was priced at Rs 30.68 lakh, ex-showroom. This variant was positioned below the 4WD model, priced at Rs 31.88 lakh. Both these prices are ex-showroom.
will bring a new model
Mahindra may soon make an official announcement about the discontinuation of the Alturas G4. It is also believed that the company may bring a new flagship SUV instead. According to the report, it could be the XUV900 SUV.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be