2022 has been a profitable year for Mahindra & Mahindra. Mega launches, including the new Scorpio-N, Scorpio Classic and the XUV300 TurboSport, have resulted in the carmaker receiving the highest-ever bookings this year. SUVs like the updated Mahindra Thar and XUV700 are also generating volumes for carmakers in the country. However, due to semiconductor shortage, Mahindra SUVs are currently witnessing the highest waiting period.
To reduce the waiting period for the SUV, the company is running its manufacturing at total capacity. In Q4 2022, Mahindra’s monthly SUV production capacity is 29,000. The carmaker aims to increase this to 39,000 and 49,000/month by the end of 2023 and 2024, respectively. This means that the production capacity will increase by 10,000 every 12 months. The company is also working on making an optional chip supply.
The company released the Mahindra Scorpio Classic in S and S11 models in August 2022. A 2.2L turbo-diesel mHawk Gen 2 engine with 132 horsepower and 300 Nm of torque powers the SUV. The 6-speed manual transmission sends power to the back wheels. The SUV is said to have a 14% increase in fuel efficiency. Mahindra introduced the new XUV300 TurboSport with a new 1.2L T-GDi turbo petrol engine in October 2022. The three trim levels, W6, W8, and W8, are the only ones that offer the new gasoline engine (O).
This year, the company’s flagship product was the new Mahindra Scorpio-N. The SUV model portfolio offers 2.2L diesel and 2.0L turbo petrol engines with manual and automatic transmission choices. The diesel engine produces 132 horsepower with 300 Nm (in lesser models) and 175 bhp with 370 MT/400 Nm AT, whereas the petrol engine produces 203 bhp with 370 Nm (MT) and 380 Nm (AT) (in higher trims). Three driving options are available in the diesel version: Zip, Zap, and Zoom.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be