The Made-in-India Volkswagen Virtus has been awarded a 5-star safety rating by the Latin NCAP (New Car Assessment Programs). The model scored 36.94 points (92%) in the adult occupant protection test, which includes frontal and side-impact crash tests. It also did very well in the child occupant protection test, scoring 36.94 points (92.35%). The Volkswagen Virtus featured good head and neck protection for the driver and passenger and adequate chest protection for the driver.
The bodyshell of the sedan is said to be stable. In the side impact test, the Volkswagen Virtus showed ‘good’ protection for the head and abdomen and ‘adequate’ protection for the chest. Chest protection was rated marginal in side pole impact. The Volkswagen Virtus scored 25.48 points (53.09%) in Pedestrian Protection and 36.54 points (84.98%) in Safety Assist. The tested model had Electronic Stability Control (ESC), seatbelt reminders for all seating positions and a speed assist system.
The Volkswagen Virtus in India comes with two engine options – 1.0L, 3-cylinder TSI turbo-petrol and 1.5L, 4-cylinder TSI petrol. The former engine generates 115bhp max power and 178Nm peak torque. Whereas the latter produces 150bhp max power and 250Nm peak torque. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, 6-speed torque converter automatic and 7-speed dual-clutch automatic (only in the 1.5L petrol variant).
The Volkswagen Virtus comes in four trims – Comforline, Highline, Topline and GT Plus. Its price starts from Rs. 11.32 lakhs and goes up to Rs. 18.42 lakhs. The model lineup has three automatic variants – Highline AT, Topline AT and GT Plus, which are priced at Rs 14.48 lakh, Rs 16 lakh and Rs 18.42 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be