The EV6 was introduced to the Indian market towards the middle of this year and is currently Kia India’s flagship model. It beat out the Hyundai Ioniq 5, Ford Mustang Mach-E, Skoda Enyaq iV, Renault Megane E-Tech, and Peugeot 308 to win the 2022 European Car of the Year title. The electric crossover has won other honours throughout the world.
According to the WLTP (Worldwide harmonised Light Vehicles Test Procedure) cycle, the Kia EV6 has a claimed driving capacity of 528 km on a single charge. The EV6 has a greater range, albeit, under ARAI test conditions for India. The electric vehicle’s GT Line version has two electric motors, one for each axle, capable of producing 321 horsepower and 605 Nm.
According to ARAI certification, this specific all-wheel drive model’s 77.4 kWh Li-ion battery pack enables a claimed driving capacity of 708 km on a single charge. The RWD form of the EV6 now costs around Rs. 60 lakh (ex-showroom) and is imported into the nation via the CBU channel. The price of the AWD trim is 64.95 lakh (ex-showroom).
Customers in India have praised the electric crossover. India’s South Korean car giant has shipped about 200 EV6 units, although more than 150 have yet to arrive. The five-seater will recharge from 10% to 80% by employing a 350 kW DC fast charger in 18 minutes.
According to the manufacturer, a 50 kW can charge to the same level in 73 minutes. There are no obvious competitors for the Kia EV6 in the domestic market, but the BMW i4 electric vehicle, with a stated range of 590 km, is close. The Ioniq 5, its brother, will debut at the Greater Noida 2023 Auto Expo the following month. The AWD version is said to go from 0 to 100 kmph in 5.2 seconds.
Regarding features, it has a ducktail-style spoiler, a full-width LED tail lamp, 19-inch two-tone alloy wheels, a curved dual-screen layout, a floating centre console and two-spoke steering wheel, the use of sustainable materials, an augmented reality HUD, a 14-speaker Meridian audio system, 10-way power and ventilation for the front seats, a powered tailgate, a 360-degree camera, ADAS technology, etc.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be