The EV6 was Kia’s first electric vehicle, and it was unveiled in India last year. The GT Line and GT Line AWD variants of the electric crossover are selling for Rs 60.95 lakh (ex-showroom). The vehicle, available as a full import (CBU) unit, features a 77.4kWh battery pack and a stated range of 528km on the WLTP cycle. By 2025, the company wants to increase the number of electrical products it offers and break into the mass-market EV industry with two new models.
In an interview with a media publication, Tae Jin Park, MD of Kia India, said the company will introduce two locally produced electric vehicles by 2025. He did not specify the name or specifics of the future Kia EVs, although they are reportedly an SUV (codenamed AY) and an MPV. The South Korean manufacturer will spend Rs 2,000 crore on R&D, infrastructure development, and manufacturing equipment to produce EVs locally. Kia Motors expects to increase its annual capacity to 4.2 to 4.5 lakh units in the next two or three years, with plans to increase by 10% in 2023.
The new Kia electric SUV will be placed in the company’s product lineup between the Seltos mid-size SUV and the Sonet sub-4 metre SUV. It will be a “compact lifestyle SUV” with choices for both an electric and a gasoline engine. A 1.0L turbo-petrol engine will likely be available in its ICE variant. According to reports, the next Kia small SUV will stand tall and boxy and have a different appearance from the Sonet and Seltos.
Kia India plans to produce about 1 lakh units of its upcoming compact AY SUV, with the majority (80%) going to the gasoline version. The company’s manufacturing facility in Anantapur will act as the production centre for future Kia electric vehicles.
The South Korean automaker will soon introduce the upgraded Seltos and KA4 luxury MPVs in India. By the middle of 2023, both versions will be on the road.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be