If the initial expense of Rs. 95,000 and the smaller boot capacity are not an issue, CNG provides inexpensive operational expenses over the extended term.
Following the Duster becoming extinct, the Indian small SUV market was left without a vehicle that stood out from its competitors. The AWD technology that the Duster offered in the past was unexpectedly effective due to its agility. AWD was a feature that no other compact SUV provided, and the Duster was a true hobbyist car.
The bestsellers on purchasing statistics are Creta and Seltos. There is little special to contribute but capabilities, with the exception of a tech-savvy and lengthy attribute. Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara and Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder excel in this regard. They have three specialities that no other small SUV provides. AWD, powerful hybrid technology, and now a CNG dual-fuel alternative.
Grand Vitara CNG
The Delta MT and Zeta MT models for the Grand Vitara are available for Rs. 12.85 lakh and Rs. 14.84 lakh, respectively (both prices ex-sh). Now that we have a next walkaround of the Grand Vitara, we can observe how the CNG alternative impacts leg room and luggage bearing capabilities. In case you were wondering, CNG propulsion systems only come with moderate hybrid power plant choices. Intellectual Hybrid versions of strong hybrid vehicles are devoid of CNG. Furthermore, manual gearbox is the sole choice available for mild hybrid models with CNG bi-fuel possibilities; automated movement is hardly an alternative. Finally, CNG models do not have AWD.
There are no external alterations other than a CNG sticker on the windscreen. Other than that, there are no obvious clues to distinguish CNG variations. There are several advantages to having CNG machinery that is manufacturer installed. They are referred to as S-CNG and include two interconnected ECUs. Stainless steel connectors and pipelines offer increased safety by preventing corrosion and leaks. Similar to how the main wire harness is integrated, all wiring harnesses are integrated. Additionally, a micro switch prevents the car from starting while CNG is being refilled. S-CNG filling takes place next to the gasoline loading facility. Maruti employs modified rear suspension for vehicles with S-CNG in order to balance off the weight increase. The primary disadvantage of CNG automobiles is their inability to carry much luggage.
Details and Characteristics
The indicator conglomeration of Maruti Suzuki S-CNG versions features an independent fuel pressure metre. A separate handle is available to convert amongst CNG and gasoline. The 1.5L Dual Jet, Dual VVT K15-C engine produces 136 Nm and 101 horsepower while running on gasoline. If initial expense and reduced boot room are acceptable trade-offs, CNG is the way to go for an extra Rs. 95K above ICE-only competitors.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be