Hyundai has announced that it is recalling 853 units of Kona EV (Kona EV) in the US due to the problem of coolant leaks. The automaker has said that internal leakage in the Electric Power Control Unit (EPCU) of select Koan EVs may result in reduced power or stalling of the vehicle. However, the South Korean automaker has also said that it is unaware of any accident due to the defect. But there have been several reports of loss of power in the Kona EV. The car brand also said that the problem for the affected models would be rectified in the frame at its dealerships.
Affected 2021 model-year Hyundai Kona EVs equipped with the EPCU may have some loss of sealing in the DC converter housing. A lack of steam cleaning reportedly caused the fault during the production of this critical component.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) states in its recall document that affected cars with a possible internal coolant leak may be affecting the main controller. This allows the Kona EV’s limited mobility to activate the ‘fail safe’ mode. This may result in a sudden loss of power or a complete vehicle shutdown. Due to this defect, some vehicle owners may receive a warning message on their driver information display.
The car brand also noticed the potential problem as early as November this year. After an internal investigation, Hyundai recalled the vehicles on December 9 this year. However, dealers will be informed about the recall on February 14 next year. The automaker will also notify affected owners about the recall at the same time. Hyundai also sells the Kona EV in India. As of now, it is yet to be known whether the India-spec model is also affected by this issue or not.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be