This year’s Auto Expo saw the world premiere of the Hyundai Ioniq 5, the company’s new electric crossover. A price of Rs. 44.95 was also made public by the company during the event (ex-showroom). For the first 500 reservations only, it’s introductory pricing. The Kia EV6 costs between Rs 60.95 lakh and Rs 65.95 lakh, whereas the Ioniq 5 is about Rs 16 lakh more inexpensive. The latter is fully knocked down (CKD), unlike the former, which is an entire import unit.
Although Hyundai had originally anticipated delivering 250–300 units annually, its bookings have surpassed expectations. Over 650 reservations have been made for the Ioniq, according to the automaker. Beginning at the end of March 2023, deliveries will start.
The Hyundai Ioniq 5’s powertrain comprises a 72.6kWh battery pack, which claims to have an ARAI-certified range of 631 kilometres on a single charge. A 217bhp and 350Nm peak torque electric motor is producing the power. Rear-wheel drive (RWD) is standard on the electric crossover vehicle. The brand-new Hyundai electric vehicle is capable of speedy 800V charging, which can charge its battery pack from 10% to 80% in just 18 minutes.
According to the automaker, the Ioniq 5 includes eco-friendly leather interiors and textiles manufactured from recycled plastic. It has a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a 12-inch instrument cluster as its twin set of screens. Interestingly, its vehicle-to-load function, which has an output of 3.6kWh, may be used to charge electrical items (such as mobile phones and laptops). For this purpose, there are two ports: one next to the charging port and one under the back seats.
Additionally, the electric crossover has ADAS technology, a HUD (head-up display) with augmented reality features, an eight-speaker Bose premium sound system, a panoramic sunroof, memory seat functionality, power sliding rear seats with a manual reclining, front heated and ventilated seats, front powered seats with lumbar support, a hands-free smart power tailgate with height adjustment, and many other features.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be