At the ongoing Auto Expo 2023, Hyundai has on show the Ioniq 6 electric sedan from around the world. At the 16th Indian Auto Expo, Hyundai debuted the Ioniq 6 and the new Ioniq 5 electric crossover. The new Hyundai Ioniq 6 electric sedan made its debut in the domestic market in June 2022 and was inspired by Hyundai’s Prophecy EV concept.
The four-door electric sedan has an estimated driving range of 340 miles (547 km), and it provides ultra-fast charging, which can fill the battery from 10 to 80 per cent in 18 minutes. It is the brand’s second vehicle to be built on Hyundai’s unique Electric-Global Modular Platform (E-GMP), designed for two motors, a roomy interior, and high performance. Skateboard construction is adaptable enough to support variable battery capacities, rear- or all-wheel drive configurations, a flat floor for optimal internal space, and EV-specific specifications.
The Hyundai Ioniq 6 electric vehicle was created with an extremely low drag coefficient of 0.22 in mind. A low nose, active air flaps, wheel gap reducers, a small, wing-inspired spoiler with a winglet, a slight boattail structure, separation traps on either side of the rear bumper, a full underbody cover, deflectors, and smaller wheel-arch gaps all contribute to the vehicle’s low drag coefficient.
The Hyundai Ioniq 6 electric vehicle has cameras instead of traditional outside rearview mirrors and flat door handles. The headlights have more than 700 Parametric Pixels. It has LED taillights in the pixel style, lower front sensors, air vent garnishes, and a curved shoulder line. The front and rear of the sedan both sport freshly designed Hyundai “H” badges. Wheel options range from 18 to 20 inches and are machined black.
The new Ioniq 6 has 4885mm long, 1880mm wide, 1495mm tall, and has a 2950mm wheelbase. It has a modular touchscreen dashboard that combines the 12.3-inch digital cluster and 12.3-inch full-touch infotainment display into one piece of glass. The sedan sports a dual-colour ambient lighting system, a bridge-style centre console, and a four-dot pixel light on the steering wheel that illuminates when speech recognition is turned on and shows the battery level. The Ioniq 6 electric vehicle has various parts made of sustainable materials, just like the Ioniq 5.
There are two battery-size possibilities for the Ioniq 6 electric sedan: 53kWh and 77kWh. The lower-spec variant comes with a single-motor RWD setup as standard, while the higher-spec variant has a dual-motor AWD option. While the RWD arrangement generates 228bhp and 350Nm, the Dual Motor generates 302bhp and 605Nm. The RWD version with a 53kWh battery has a range of 429 km, while the RWD with a 77.4kWh battery has a range of 614 km. The AWD version has a 583km WLTP-certified range.
The electric vehicle is compatible with 400V and 800V charging systems. The Hyundai Ioniq 6’s charge can go from 10% to 80% using a 350 kW charger in 18 minutes. A 350-kW rapid charger can provide a customer with a range of more than 100 kilometres in just 5 minutes. The typical 10.9kW onboard charger uses Level 2 charging to finish a full charge in 7 hours and 10 minutes.
Additionally, it offers a cutting-edge V2L (Vehicle 2 Load) feature that enables users to charge any electric gadget, including electric scooters, bicycles, and camping gear. Even stranded electric vehicles can be charged using this feature. Hyundai Digital Key, which enables users to start their cars with an iPhone, Apple Watch, or Samsung Galaxy smartphone instead of a traditional car key, is supported by the electric sedan.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be