Vehicle manufacturer Hyundai Motor has discontinued the 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine in its hatchback car i20. The reason for this is the upcoming Real Driving Emission (RDE) norms. These new rules will be applicable from April 1, 2023. Only the petrol engine option is left in most Hyundai cars.
The diesel engine is present in Altroz.
For those who want a diesel engine option in their hatchback car, there is another car in this segment with a diesel engine: Tata’s Altroz. In which a 1.5-litre four-cylinder Revotorq oil burner engine is available. It generates maximum power of 90 PS and a peak torque of 200 Nm. Only a 5-speed manual transmission option is available with this diesel engine. This engine gets a mileage of 23.64 km.
A petrol engine option is available.
Along with the diesel motor, the Tata Altroz also gets a 1.2-litre three-cylinder Revotron NA petrol engine, which generates 88 PS of power and 115 Nm of torque. It also gets a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine, which generates 110 PS of power and 140 Nm of torque. This car has the option of a 5-speed manual gearbox and a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
This engine will be available in i20
With the diesel engine discontinued, the i20 is now offered a 1.2-litre 4-pot net-ASP petrol engine and a 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine, producing 83 PS (88 PS with IVT) and 115 PS, respectively. Nm and outputs of 120 PS and 172 Nm are available. These engines choose 5-speed MT or IVT automatic and 7-speed DCT transmission.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be