There has yet to be any good news for the coming new year for car buyers in the country. Major car companies have announced a hike in the prices of all models from January 2023. Reports suggest that 17 cars offered by several automakers could be discontinued from April 2023. This is because the emission rules named Real Driving Emission (RDE) Norms will be implemented in the country from April next year. Although companies can also upgrade these cars, the price will increase.
RDE means vehicles will now be fitted with an onboard self-diagnostic device to monitor real-time driving emission levels. The device will continuously monitor key parts like the converter and oxygen sensor to meet the emission norms and closely monitor the emissions.
Now vehicles were tested in the lab.
The emission level of vehicles has been tested in the lab. The biggest problem with this was that its emission level increased when the car was used in real-life conditions. In such a situation, the government has now made it mandatory to install this device in passenger and commercial vehicles to monitor the emission level.
These devices will also be upgraded.
Even the semiconductor used by the vehicle has to be upgraded to monitor throttle, crankshaft position, air intake pressure, engine temperature and exhaust emissions content (particulate matter, nitrogen oxides, CO2, sulphur) etc. . Apart from this, the vehicles will also have programmed fuel injectors to control the level of fuel burn.
This four-wheeler may be closed.
Cars that may be discontinued from next year include Tata Altroz Diesel, Mahindra Marazzo, Mahindra Alturas G4, Mahindra KUV100, Skoda Octavia, Skoda Superb, Renault Kwid, Nissan Kicks, Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Toyota Innova Crysta Petrol, Hyundai i20 Diesel Hyundai Verna Diesel, Honda City 5th Gen Diesel, Honda City 4th Gen Diesel, Honda Amaze Diesel, Honda Jazz and Honda WR-V.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be