The Indian market will receive three innovative domestically produced automobiles from French carmaker Citroen in 2023–2024. This year, the business will introduce two new vehicles, one of which is the battery powered C3 hatchback. Citroen is also creating two new vehicles as part of its C-Cubed initiative.
CITROEN 7-SEATER SUV
A brand-new 7-seat utilitarian automobile is now being tested by Citroen on Indian streets. According to rumours, it will be modelled on the C3 hatchback and go by the name Citroen C3 Aircross. The larger Citroen automobiles sold in international markets, such as the C3 and UV, served as inspiration for the UV’s styling. Although the manufacturing vehicle might have 16-inch wheels, the one that was sighted has 17-inch wheels.
The Maruti Ertiga, Suzuki XL6, and Kia Carens will be competitors for the 3-row UV. The Renault Triber’s sales may potentially be impacted. Upholstery design elements with the C3 hatchback are probably shared. Most probably, the 1.2-liter 3-cylinder accelerated combustion engine will propel the 7-seater SUV.
In February 2023, the French carmaker will introduce the C3 compact in India as an all-electric vehicle. The new car, known as the Citroen eC3, will start taking reservations on January 22, 2023. Although it resembles the normal version primarily, the EV lacks an exhaust and a redesigned recharging outlet that is situated on the frontal fender. The middle panel and driving controller have been updated within the interior of the electrified car.
The 29.2kWh rechargeable battery that powers the revolutionary Citroen eC3 is a Svolt product. It has a built-in 3.3kW AC converter and supports CCS2 rapid charging. The front-mounted electronic powertrain, which generates 57 horsepower and 143 Nm of torque, receives electricity from the batteries.
CITROEN’S NEW SUV IN 2024
According to reports, the business is creating an entirely redesigned SUV for the Indian industry. This would compete with vehicles including the Toyota Hyryder, Maruti Grand Vitara, Hyundai Creta, and Kia Seltos, among several. The dimension of the upcoming SUV is predicted to be about 4.3 metres. In comparison to its immediate competitors, it is anticipated to be much less expensive. The Stellantis’ CMP (Common Modular Platform), which also supports the C3 hatchback, will serve as the foundation for the next Citroen SUV.
It is anticipated to borrow design elements from the C4 Cactus, which is offered in foreign countries. The 1.2-liter pumped internal combustion engine that will propel the newly designed SUV is expected to produce close to 130 horsepower.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be