Citroen has unveiled a fresh teaser image of its impending first all-electric vehicle. The electric hatchback, the Citroen eC3, will be available for purchase by March 2023. The third week of January will mark the start of its media push. It will be a mass-market, entry-level electric vehicle from the French automaker that will compete directly with the Tata Tiago EV. The model is anticipated to cost between Rs. 10 lacks and Rs. 12 lacks (ex-showroom). Its primary opponent, the Tiago EV, is available for between Rs. 8.49 lakh and Rs. 11.79 lacks (all, ex-showroom).
The Citroen eC3’s powertrain will consist of a 30.2kWh battery pack and an electric motor on the front axle. The e-motor has a maximum output of 143Nm of torque and 86bhp power. The Chinese electromobility company Svolt will provide the automobile manufacturer with a battery pack. The electric C3 will come with a 3.3kW onboard AC charger from the manufacturer. Additionally, it will assist CCS2 rapid charging. A single charge for the electric hatchback is projected to provide a driving distance of about 350 kilometres.
Tata’s Tiago EV is advertised to have an MIDC range of 250 km with the 19.2 kWh battery and 315 km with the larger 24 kWh battery pack. Tata’s Ziptron high-voltage architecture, which consists of a permanent magnet synchronous electric motor, is featured in the model. The larger battery version delivers 61 bhp with 110 Nm of peak output, while the smaller version generates 74 bhp with 114 Nm. It can accelerate from 0 to 60 kph in 5.7 seconds and 6.2 seconds (19.2 kWh) (24kWh).
The exterior of the electric Citroen C3 will resemble that of the ICE model. However, it will lack a tailpipe and come with a new charging outlet mounted on the front fender. Inside, it might include an upgraded centre console and a new drive controller in place of the manual gear lever.
- The new variant of Honda CB350 is rocking the market with its killer look, giving competition to Bullet in features
- The Harley Davidson X350 bike is winning hearts with its dashing looks and affordable price; See details
- The strong bike of Hero Xtreme 160R would have a distance of 60 km in just one hour; Read full details
- Buy Hero HF Deluxe for less than half the price, know about the offer
- Teaser of the updated premium model of Bajaj Pulsar NS200 surfaced; prices will also change
- The new attractive model of Bajaj Platina will soon rock the market; Know its modern features
- Kia Sonet X-Line will give direct competition to Creta with its updated features and powerful engine; see the details
- TVS Raider 125 bike is spreading its fire in the auto sector with its sporty look and stormy engine
- The facelift version of Kia Seltos, the SUV that rules everyone’s hearts to be launched in India soon; Reports
- 2023 Mahindra XUV300 available in the market with two engine options; Increase in prices also, see details
- Maruti Baleno becomes the most demanding and best-selling car; See the Price and Attractive Features
- Hero launches Super Splendor 125cc bike in XTEC version, will compete with Honda’s CB Shine 125 cc and TVS Raider
- Bajaj Platina 110 ABS bike is winning hearts with its high mileage and new colour options
- Customers’ wait is over; Hyundai Creta 2023 will be launched soon with better safety features; see the details
- Take home the Bajaj Platina 110 with ABS by paying 8 thousand; know how much the monthly EMI will be